Monday, September 17, 2007

Monday Monday

So the weekend is over and I'm really glad. I worked myself almost to death. After the painting prep on Saturday I spent about 11 hours on Sunday doing the actual painting. The first coat of paint took almost 7 hours, with most of that being the cutting in and edging. After a short break for dinner I was back at it for the next round but luckily it went a lot faster. I finally finished around 22:00 and then spent an hour pulling the blue tape off of everything before the paint dried too much. Around 23:00 I decided it was all I could do for the night and went to bed. It's looking pretty good so far, but I've got several pieces of blue tape on the wall marking spots that I need to touch up. Fortunately that should take less than an hour and I can call it done. Unfortunately all of the furniture and the blinds are piled in the middle of the room so I've got that to deal with. I'll post some pictures once everything is back together. Since it's looking so good and making the house feel so much more comfortable, I'm kind of anxious to continue the painting up the stairwell and to the other rooms. The living room should have been the worst, by far, so hopefully the other rooms can each be done in a weekend.

My week is starting off pretty slowly. It was quiet at work which was fine by me. A friend invited me to lunch so that was a nice thing. I'm not sure how much work I got done however but I don't really feel guilty about that. I'm sure I'll do plenty the rest of the week. There is a boat in town that I need to go check out and see if I can get some pics of it. That may be my lunch time activity tomorrow.

I think that's it at this point. I don't even have a political rant I want to go off on. Consider yourselves lucky!

No comments: