Monday, August 6, 2007

End of day rambling

So just a quick late in the day birthday wrap up. Was really just a normal work day for me, but I did get calls from my mother, father and stepmother, a good friend in North Carolina, and some nice birthday wishes online. It's always nice to be remembered on one's birthday. After Jayson got home I opened the gifts he got me...he picked our several really nice and thoughtful things for me. We had a nice dinner out and now we're back at home having a typically quiet night. Well, not so quiet for Jayson since he's on call for work and is dealing with customers as I type this!

I'm really okay with a quiet birthday today since I like to be remembered but don't need a big deal made of it. I'm really enjoying getting older...I know, as a gay American male I should be mortified by getting older. I wrote in an earlier post how every year is a little bit of a triumph for me, but it's more than that. As I get older I feel like I'm finally able to become the person I always knew I was. Does that make any sense or sound like psycho mumbo jumbo? Maybe I mean that as I get older I stop worrying as much about what people think and am able to let the real me out. My good friend in NC said years ago how in her 20's she was too young to know who she was, in her 30's she figured out who she was but didn't have the wisdom and tools to be that person, and in her 40's she was finally able to become that person. I think it rings pretty true for me. The ironic thing is that she doesn't remember saying that so I guess I could take credit for it saying it originally. ;-)

In any event, Jayson has a getaway planned this weekend out to the Olympic Peninsula. I'm looking forward to getting away for a couple of nights and just relaxing. The dog is going with us and that should be fun. I'm hoping we get to do some hiking, some sitting, and some plain old relaxing.

No comments: