Thursday, August 9, 2007

Happy Friday (okay, Thursday)

Today is my Friday since I decided to take tomorrow off. I wasn't going to but then thought that I didn't take the day off for my birthday and I would like an extra day. Might also help us get out of town at a decent hour tomorrow too. Jayson and I are headed to the Olympic Peninsula this weekend. He's rented a cabin out there in honor of my birthday (since he had to work last weekend) and I'm looking forward to the trip. I'm not sure what we'll do yet, but it's going to be nice to not have anything scheduled. It might just be a weekend of sitting and staring at the water and maybe taking a hike or two through the woods. I've not gotten nearly enough sleep this week and catching up on rest will be nice. Had a nice evening last night though. We met an acquaintance for coffee/tea on the spur of the moment and it was enjoyable. Would have been good to spend more time but we didn't get to the place until 8:45 and Jayson still had work to do after that. Still, one of those nice unplanned pleasant things in the day.

Here's the type of headline you don't see much these days. It's so rare anymore to see any story, let alone a news headline that calls Bush or any other Repub on their lies, but there it is. Of course, if you look closely you'll see that AFP is Agence France-Presse which explains a lot. The US media would never write a story that tried to portray Bush as less than god-like. I wonder how long before Yahoo yanks the story. In another shocking instance of reality-based reporting, check out the final paragraph in this article. I thought media outlets weren't supposed to acknowledge global warming…? It's a sad time we live in when it seems newsworthy that the media is reporting facts instead of propaganda.

Tonight is the LGBT Presidential forum on Logo. It's not going to be a debate but a question/answer session with candidates on stage one at a time. It should be interesting I'm hoping. If you don't get the Logo channel you can watch the forum online here both live and in archive after the fact.

No comments: