Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Clearing away the cobwebs

It's been almost two weeks since I posted anything here, and I figured it was about time. It's not that I have much to say today, but I want to keep the habit up. Lately life has been work and that's it. We spent last weekend finishing up the painting on the ground floor and in the stairwell. Those spaces were a nightmare to paint, and deciding that the color in the stairwell looked terrible after one coat didn't help. So, after settling on a new color we got it all done. Most of Sunday was spent pulling up drop clothes, pulling off tape, putting things away, arranging the furniture downstairs, putting the kitchen back together...Monday morning I was beat. It's pretty sad when I have to come to work to relax! Work has been work has been work, so I can't complain. I get things done, they pay me; seems like a pretty fair deal to me.

I decided to add a racing stripe to one side of my truck yesterday. Pulling into the parking garage at work (a very tight fit) I cut the first corner too close and scraped it along the right rear fender. On that corner there's a big orange steel box protecting a pipe, and I hit the box. At least I now understand why the box is needed to protect the pipe. So, I ended up with a nice dent and a big orange scar down the back right side of the truck. In retaliation I left a significant amount of red paint on the orange box, but that didn't make me feel much better. It's not going to be too bad getting it fixed so I'm taking it in Monday to have it done.

That's about all I have to say at the moment. Just to fill in space and make it look like I've written a lot more I'll add some links to things that I thought were worth reading.

Hope everyone's having a good week.

No comments: