Saturday, May 17, 2008

$88

I was wondering if it would hit three-digits before it stopped, but the gas pump shut off at $88.30 when I just filled up. The tank still had about 3 gallons in it when I started so if it had been closer to empty it might have cost $100. Now I remember why we changed our vacation plans from driving to Yellowstone pulling a camping trailer(750 miles one way with mountain ranges to cross) to driving to the Oregon coast pulling a camping trailer (about 320 miles with no mountains).

We leave on our trip Wednesday morning and I can't wait. I'm looking forward to spending time on the coast actually more than I was looking forward to Yellowstone. We're headed for Seal Rock, OR and from what I can tell there's tons of stuff to do. If it's anything like the northern coast it will also be really beautiful. Our campground is about 20 feet off the beach and our campsite looks like it has a nice view of the ocean.

Hopefully it won't take more than 2 tanks of gas each way!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope it doesn't cost that much for the gas either buddy. You don't want your holiday marred by such a huge cost to fuel needs for your trip. I hope you all have a lovely time. I am so envious of all these nice places that you can all just hop into your camper trailer and head off to. I hope to see all the lovely photos on your blog soon.