Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Happy birthday to you...

So today is Jayson's birthday. It's the 10th one I've gotten to celebrate with him, and I'm definitely honored by that. I'm hoping it will be a nice one for him…I'll do what I can to make it so. He made a list of things on his blog that he would like for his birthday gifts. He's getting none of those as it turns out. I'm sure he'll like the gifts I did get him, since they were things I know he'll want and use. Other than that, it's going to be a low key night. I don't yet know how late he'll be working but we'll go to a nice dinner and that will be about it. Birthdays are a bigger deal to him than me. He likes the attention and gifts and excitement (which is all good) and I look at them as milestones having actually made it this far. For me I can do away with the gifts, the balloons, the excitement and just have the people around me who matter and be able to look at what my life is and is becoming. I never thought I'd live to be 30 yet here I am pushing 40 and doing very well, thank you very much. Seeing every year as year I thought I'd never have is very freeing in its own way. It's very much living in the moment; I don’t look back too much, and I find myself not looking too far forward either. It's good in its own odd way. Every year after 30 has also been better than I would have imagined…I guess I can't complain much can I?

No comments: