Friday, July 20, 2007


It's been an interesting week. I've been really tired in the mornings, but the funny thing about that is that I've heard the same thing from a lot of different people and not just people in Seattle. Must be the phase of the moon or something. Work started off quiet and then get very busy in the middle, and then ended quiet again. With my mother coming (about an hour from now) we've been busy at home making sure the place looks nice. I guess it usually looks nice, but we always want it to look nicer when someone's coming over...what's up with that? I've got nothing planned with my mother; we'll eat, talk, do some running around, but mostly just talk. She's not been here since Thanksgiving 2005 so it'll be nice to have her here again. Jayson's birthday was nice. It was quiet with just the two of us but he liked what I did for him and we had a nice quiet dinner together.

In the middle of the week I had the most interesting lunch. Well, lunch itself was fine but it was a comedy of errors. I get together once a month with two friends who used to work for me. We figure that if we schedule something once a month we'll not just drift apart like it's easy to do. So, Wednesday was our day and we were meeting at a place on Capital Hill at 12:30. At 12:25 I get a phone call from one of the friends saying that his Outlook reminder just went off to tell him we have lunch, and he was in his office 35 miles away. He obviously wasn't going to make it. Since I already had a table I told the waiter there'd be two of us instead of three. At about 12:35 I called the other friend to let her know where I was sitting the restaurant so she could find me. She said she had a table and was sitting in almost the same location in the restaurant. It seems a little odd that we could be in the same restaurant in almost the same location without seeing each other. And then we realized we weren't in the same restaurant. She had misread the last e-mail and had gone to our second choice restaurant. Being the gentleman that I am, I headed down the street the three blocks in the rain. It was a nice lunch in the end, and at least it's a story to tell.

In any event, I'm glad this week is over for the most part. I'm looking forward to the next five days off work to sleep in, hang out with mom, and just not think about work for a while.

No comments: